Bowland Tree Consultancy – Privacy Notice
This privacy notice relates to all data collected throughout our business activities, setting out the lawful bases on which we collect and process personal data, detailing your rights regarding personal data in compliance with the EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
Bowland Tree Consultancy Ltd (BTC Ltd) is a UK Limited Company of Arboricultural Consultants. The company number is 7080820 and Phill Harris is the director. The company’s registered trading address is:
11 Cannon Street
How we collect personal information and when and why we use it.
Bowland Tree Consultancy Ltd. collects personal data or personal information that is required to fulfil their obligations to Clients or in response to business enquiries.
Personal information is received by us through correspondence, phone calls, emails and letters, etc., in respect of our services. We sometimes collect personal information from third parties who have authorisation to provide it to us (for example, an agent whom a client has instructed to act on their behalf in securing our services may inform us of the personal details of the client). We receive this information on the understanding that the subject’s consent for disclosure has been obtained by the third party.
We use personal information to fulfil our agreements with our clients, to process payments and for accounting or audit purposes. BTC Ltd needs its clients’ personal data and needs to process this information to manage its commercial activities effectively.
What personal information to we collect and process?
Personal information held by us can include, but is not limited to; name, business name(s), address(es), email address(es), phone number(s), trading history, invoicing and payment records, project details and business or company information. We also retain records of your correspondence with us.
Legal basis for using your personal information
We collect, process, use, share and store your personal information where we are satisfied that we have one or more of the following legal bases to do so.
• Consent – you have given clear instructions for Bowland Tree Consultancy Ltd. to control and process your personal data for a specific purpose.
• Contract – by accepting our terms of business we have a contract for which your personal data is necessary to process and complete your instruction
• Legal obligation – legal or regulatory obligations
• Legitimate interest – you would expect personal data to be held with compelling justification and minimal privacy impact
Some of the above grounds for processing your personal data will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information. By accepting our terms of business you consent to your personal data being processed by BTC or being made available for BTC to process.
In all such cases, we will look after your information at all times in a way that is proportionate, that respects your privacy rights and is in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
Sharing your personal information with others
BTC Ltd works with third party service providers during its business activities and it is sometimes necessary for these suppliers to receive and store data on our behalf. We share your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described below:
• with banking organisations;
• with governments, government organisations and agencies, regulators, law enforcement and others as permitted or required by law, and to generally comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules, and requests of law enforcement, regulatory and other governmental agencies; and
• with third parties whose services or software we use for consulting, sub-contracting, accounting services and such like.
When we pass your information to a third party, we seek to ensure that the other party has appropriate security measures in place to keep your information safe and to comply with general principles regarding data protection.
Protection of your personal information
We have implemented and maintain appropriate technical and organisational security measures, policies and procedures designed to protect the personal information that you share with us and to safeguard the privacy of such information. For example, the measures we take include:
• placing confidentiality requirements on our staff members and service providers;
• permanently anonymising personal information if it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected;
• archiving older data in databases whose access is restricted to staff members with a need to know;
• reducing to the minimum historical data from our databases; and,
• following security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal information to prevent unauthorised access to it.
How long does Bowland Tree Consultancy Ltd. keep your personal data?
Where we are required to store information in accordance with legal, regulatory, tax, or accounting requirements it is necessary for us to store your personal information and details of our communication with you for long periods of time. For example, financial accounts information will be held for at least seven years.
In the absence of any legal requirement, your personal data will be retained for as long as deemed necessary for the purpose of completing the instruction, undertaking conflict of interest checks or for legitimate purposes and so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges. Whilst you have the right to withdraw consent, for legal or legitimate purposes we are required to retain this information but will not use it for any other purpose.
We will retain any data that is required to safeguard our legal liability indefinitely but historical data will be archived and reduced to the minimum.
You need to inform Bowland Tree Consultancy Ltd. if your personal data changes.
Information about your rights as a data subject can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website using the following link:
BTC Ltd is not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer but you can exercise your rights by emailing us at email@example.com .
Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request promptly or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
How to contact us
If you have a question or complaint about the processing of your data, or if you wish to use your rights under data protection law, then you should contact the director, Phill Harris at:
Bowland Tree Consultancy Ltd.
11 Cannon Street
Changes to this privacy notice
This notice was last reviewed on 22/02/2021. BTC Ltd may amend this privacy notice from time to time to keep it up to date or to comply with legal requirements.